Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Vintage Picnic Wedding

Soooo, I still can't walk in my laundry room... not even close really... it's gross.  

But I've been so excited to share my latest project with you that I just can't wait any longer!!

My sweet little sister Carissa is getting married next month and has handed the wedding planner reigns over to me.

I'm sure some of you are reading this and thinking... SUCKER!  Hey, Carissa might be thinking so to!  But I couldn't be more excited!

I mean what creative, crafty, DIY lovin' chick doesn't love a wedding?

And I know that I'm not the only one who sees wedding pictures, blogs, magazines... etc. and doesn't wish for reason to throw another one... wait... that sounds bad.  Well, you know what I mean!

I'm excited!
Excited to plan, exited to help save some money and mostly just so excited to see my sister so happy.

So wanna see some of what we're envisioning for this laid back and virtually budget free wedding?



Imagine a romantic, summer picnic...




simple understated bridesmaids...




carrying simple understated bouquets...



a cake buffet featuring over 10 unique cakes on pretty little platters...




and a vintage touch here and there.





Don't you just want to be there?!

Me too!



Well the wedding is next month and boy do I have a lot to do!

I'm making all the cakes and a couple of bridesmaids dresses.  My other sister Dani is busy learning the cords for the ceremony music and Carissa is out there shopping for all the vintage goodies that will make the wedding spectacular!


Wanna see more?

I'll share the pretty little flower girl dress I made and a super easy tutorial soon.  And before it's all over I'll share the jaw dropping budget and how we pulled it off!  

Until then feel free to drool over my pinterest board where you will find all of the photos above (and a hundred more) with links to their original source.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You're so lucky to be able to do this. I'm totally jealous. I would totally do the exact same thing, if I could go back and change my wedding. I'll just have to keep it in mind and use it for a future anniversary celebration. For now, I'll just drool over your lovely inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...