Friday, May 6, 2011

Are you ready for week 3!!!

Extreme Makeover: Fabric Edition



Are you feeling inspired yet?  Have you dug into your stash and started knocking out projects on your to-do list?  We'd love to see what you've done... feel free to leave a link with your comments after you've voted!





Week 3 Puddle Jumping
 

#1 -- 13 Yards

When thinking of puddle jumping most people imagine putting on their rubber boots and heading outdoors to jump in large pools of water.  Although I do enjoy puddle jumping of this sort, it was a different kind of puddle jumping that inspired me this week.  Puddle jumping can also refer to flying small distances over bodies of water (often in remote areas)in light airplanes which are referred to affectionately (or not!) as "puddle jumpers".  So what do you need if you're traveling to new places?

A breezy spring outfit, of course! 


And don't forget your poncho, in case it's chilly on that plane!


A travel bag to pack your necessities.


And a tent to camp out in those "remote areas!"


And when your day of adventure is through, hop into bed in your cosy puddle jumping pjs! (notice the ducks with the umbrellas on the pants?)


Bon voyage!






#2 -- 6.75 Yards

‘Puddle Jumping’ made me think of rain coats and rubber boots.  My 3 year-old thought puddle jumping meant frogs, so I combined these ideas in my week 3 projects.
Mommy & Me Trench Coats – We don’t have much rain here for puddle jumping, but these jackets look great in the sun, too!
DMK’s Little Red Riding Hood Trench Coat (fully lined) with removable hooded cape – 3 looks in one!  Wear jacket without the cape on dry days or add the reversible hooded cape when needed.  Yardage used – 4.25 yds
‘Chic & Simple Sewing’ Trench Coat with pockets & belt – 2.25 yards
Frog Prince rice bag softie – .25 yds




#3 -- 5 Yards



We know all about puddle jumping here.  We've had so much rain this past month that puddle jumping is all we get to do these days. :)  So I decided to make my kids some rain poncho's.  



For my daughter I made a Tangled fleece lined poncho.  




For my son I made a whale cotton lined poncho.  

I used 2 yards each so a total of 4 yards for the poncho's.  



I also made a Tangled towel for my daughter because after all the puddle jumping she will definitely need a towel. :)  

I used 1 yard for the towel.






 #4 -- 4 Yards

We don't have too many puddles around here so I decided to get ready for some slightly larger puddles of the swimming pool and water park kind.  We will be spending quality time with both of those this summer.  


So here it is: the 'Puddle Jumper' collection.




It started out with the need to have a hat for the little one's in my life.  Nothing more important than protecting them from melanoma.  



I dissected an old pair of cargo pants and made a bucket hat and matching shorts for the first munchkin, whom I borrowed for the day.  The hat actually fits really well, he just kept pulling it down over his eyes.  Then a pink, wide brimmed hat for the second munchkin.  


Then the little girl needed some swim suit cover-ups.  You can't just show up at the pool in your suit after all.  


A few light weight cotton ones:





And a warmer, more absorbent one for after the puddles.  No one wants to get their car-seat wet on the way home!


The little guy really wanted to go to the water park, but it doesn't open for a month so our 'puddle jumping' will have to wait.

 





 #5 -- 3.5 Yards

What is more fun than puddle jumping! This was an amazing theme it could pretty much be anything this is what I came up with.


Three puddle jumping skirts, two cutie hats, and two appliqued shirts.


Oh these little girls love puddle jumpin' outfits.


Here is the applique we did for the fun theme. She certainly does love puddles.


I am so happy to be using up my stash for such cute ideas.  Sadly I don't get to count 1 skirt and hat in my total because I went to the fabric store to pick up some fabric for a mothers day project and could not resist{i might have an addiction}. Anyway I did use 3.5 yards of my stash!






Don't you just love how everyone interpreted the theme differently?

#1 used the most fabric, with an impressive 13 yards!  I love how she told a little story with her projects!  She automatically goes on to week 4!


Now hurry, hurry and vote for your favorite of the four remaining contestants!  The winner will win a pattern from Sew Sweet Patterns The polls close Sunday night @ 11:59!









Oh and don't forget to jump over to Wildflowers & Whimsy to enter the giveaway for free patterns from this week's sponsors... trust me... you don't want to miss this!







This week's challenge is brought to you by:


2 comments:

  1. I love them all! Especially the hats! I'm such a sucker for a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh! I just got back into town and hopped on the computer! D.A.R.L.I.N.G. Way to go girlies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...