Friday, May 20, 2011

Extreme Makeover: Fabric Edition WEEK 5


It's Week 5 of Extreme Makeover: Fabric Edition the last challenge before our grand finale!  This week our girls duked it out in a pattern show down!  They used The Bloom Dress from our sponsor Too Sweets!

Definitely Too Sweet

Now... let's see what they've made!





# 1 -- 9.5 yards

The Hopscotch Collection - One Pattern, 5 looks

With the dress pattern as my guide, I have created 5 different summary outfits, ready for fun in the sun!


This first dress combines two different blues and an added ruffle on the bottom. 


For the second variation I added two straps instead of the halter neck and played with the scale of the flower. I used the full-size flower to adorn a coordinating carry-all tote.


I finished my sewing for little ones by shortening the pattern to create tops and then made some matching shorts, too.

But kids aren't the only ones that need summer clothes! So I then adapted the pattern to make two adult-sized outfits.

This knit skirt was created by widening and lengthening the pattern and then adding a ruffle on the bottom. 


And finally, I created a light cotton sundress. Once again, I lengthened and widened the pattern and then added two straps on the top and ommitted the flower. 

Now if only the sun would shine!





#2 -- 1.75 yards


My girls are too big to fit the actual Babes of Sweet pattern, so I found inspiration in the style of this dress. First is the ‘Bloom Romper,’ made from comfy knit with a coordinating bloom ruffle flower. Yardage : 1 yd

I wanted the fabric to be the focus, so this is a simple shirred tunic with elasticized stay-put straps. Yardage: .75 yd






#3 -- 1 yard

Hi Everybody! This week was just too crazy for me.  I had a super hard time finding a minute to work on the project. Nevertheless, I finally got my dress done late last night.

Yep, the pictures are terrible which is really too bad cause the little dress is so cute!  We have had horrible weather the last couple days. There was no way any little girl would be wearing this outside.


My favorite part is this adorable flower and shirring on the front of the dress.  I really loved this pattern. Thank you so much for letting us try it out.



I'm impressed girls!

Now vote, vote, vote for your favorite and then head over to Wildflowers and Whimsy to enter the giveaway so you can get your own Too Sweet's pattern!









This weeks challenge was brought to you by:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...