Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bake to School!

In honor of my first "first day of school" send off today I did some baking and tried out a tutorial on my list!!  Yeah!!!
I knew I wanted to make a fun cake for the kids to celebrate going to school and last night while searching for inspiration I found a fun pencil cake and the cutest little apple shaped "cake pops" by Bakerella.
So the crazy over achiever in me decides that I MUST do both. AND I should do them both before Mikey goes to school at noon!  Needless to say it didn't happen quite that way but I did finish them none the less.

So... this pencil cake... ummm.  Can I blame it on being in a hurry?  If I see it on cake wrecks next week I might cry!  But in my defense this was my first stab at fondant icing... AND I had no rolling pin!!  See it ain't so bad! Right?

It was yummy!

Next up?

Cake pops of course!


Now, mine didn't turn out any where near as cute as hers but not too shabby right?  And I had so much fun making these and they were so yummy I found myself accidently breaking them so I could dispose of them... yummy!

Check out the Mini Cupcakes


There's just something about sprinkles that brings the good out of my boys.  They cleaned up the whole playroom by themselves when I bribed them with these. 


So definitely check out this tutorial and make your own!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...