Thursday, March 10, 2011

Envy.

Yep... it's one of the 7 deadly sins... and it haunts me sometimes.

Right now my little sister is boarding a plane and headed to California.
Our last visit to California

She's visiting our grandma and showing off her beautiful little girl and will more than likely get to ride space mountain and the tea cups.  I hate her.  Okay maybe that's harsh but I'm very very jealous right now.  Boo.

So today, while pouting like a great big titty baby, I booked my family a mini vacation in Dallas.  I know, I know... it doesn't even compare but consider this:

While my sister and her 3 year old are braving the cold cold beach in their Target bikinis, my little Livi Lu will be dropping jaws in the heated pool with her vintage barbie tribute suit.


Booyah!

Okay so maybe it doesn't beat a Disneyland vacation.  Okay, you're right, it doesn't even come close.  But I love love love how it turned out!!

Here's a quick picture tutorial of how I made it using a $3.99 Goodwill maternity top!




So if everything about swimsuits has you scared... let it go!  This was so easy!  It took me under an hour!  You can do it!


24 comments:

  1. Soooo super cute! Did you know that it was Barbie's birthday this week? Perfect timing for a great project~

    ReplyDelete
  2. first,
    I am OBSESSED with ALL things Barbie
    Second,
    I have been obsessed with this swimsuit, for as long as I can remember!
    I WANT ONE



    NOW NOW NOW:)

    great blog dear

    xoxo
    bB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job, She looks absolutely adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I want one for myself (which would be a VERY large maternity top) and for my little miss! This is just so cute! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable and so cool that it matches Barbie's swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I found your stripes, too! This is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on this swimsuit! My daughter's swimsuit is totally stretched out so she will need a new one for summer. I have been hesitating about making her one but you make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is THE cutest swimming suit I've ever seen! I love it! You did such a great job!

    Krystine

    http://lucyluvinyl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Looks awesome on, and I love the styling!! Also, thanks for checking out my swimsuit tutorial and for your kind words :) It is very much appreciated!

    Jess
    http://peanuttoprincessdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What in the world?!? This is amazing!! I'd love for you to link up to Wow Me Wednesday!

    http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/03/wow-me-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw you over at wildflowers and whimsy. THIS IS SO CUTE!!! I want one in my size hehe! :)

    --Rebecca
    www.mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. featured you today...come grab a button!

    http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/03/sew-crafty-saturday-wfeatures-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely brilliant! So glad I saw your link-up at "Just a Girl"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Disneyland's got nothin' on you. This suit is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. aaa, so happy to have found your blog! This little suit is so stinking cute! How very crafty of you to find a chevron style top and think to make it into a bathing suit - your little Livi Lu is quite the little model! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous!
    The idea of sewing a swimsuit makes me break out in a cold sweat. You make it seem so easy. You are one clever mumma!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love it! so impressed, as i am a person that needs a pattern. and she looks so cute in those sunglasses :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...